Knit Diva

Me and my obsession has come a long way since last couple of years... I definitely still consider myself a beginner and always looking to improve my obsession. I think it is my "CALGON"... It takes me away from my busy life with a wonderful husband and 8yo twin boys... YIKES!!! I never understood how addicting yarn could be until I started knitting.. I have crochet for some time on and off but I never felt attached to it as I do with knitting...

Monday, February 06, 2006

Computer Problems!!!!

WELL, my computer has been a turd for 2 weeks now.....grrrrr My hubby decided to wipe the system and start over and come to find out, our Windows XP disk would not work when we rebooted the system... WELL, now we are on Windows 2000 (OH MY GOODNESS, talk about a Dinosaur!!!!!)

The computer is going on 5 years and so it was time to upgrade to something NEW and improved!!!! We just bought the mac-daddy of Dell and I can't wait for it to come in this week...hehe

I am sorry I haven't been around... My computer is my life and when I can't posts pictures and every 2-3 minutes I have errors coming up, it is a pain so my baby is being neglected...hehe I have been so upset not having my computer... The only thing I am grateful for is we burned all our photos and files on a CD... (thank goodness!!!)

Well, back to knitting... When my NEW computer comes in I will have a PHOTO FRENZY!!!! I did finish the other wristwarmer. I have ONE sock done that was done on the magic loop... I bought some beautiful yarn from Hobby Lobby the other day to do some more purses. I am still working on my Irish hiking scarf. I finished ONE "DUDE-warmer" for my son yesterday and I am on my second one...hehe

----Funnny story----- One of my sons wanted me to make some wristwarmers. He said he didn't want anything girly... So when I was at Hobby Lobby the other day they had a sale on SUPER SAVER for 1.99... I picked up a skein of Camouflage... SO CUTE... Well he asked me what they are called... I told him that they are wristwarmers.. He said that sounded a little girly... So I said how bout DUDE-warmer's... HE said YEAH, that sounds much BETTER!!!

They will be perfect for riding our ATV's... I will definitely take a picture of them... NOW my other son wants a pair after seeing what they are... My neice seen them yesterday and wants a pair also in the the camouflage...hehe (These fit perfect for 6-9 year olds...)

The pattern I came up with is this...

DUDE or DUDETTE WARMERS

Worsted Weight yarn
Size 8 circ ( I used the magic Loop method but use what you prefer)


Cast On 24

K2,P2 in ribbing for 3 1/2 -4 inches (Girls would rather have them a little bit longer)

When you come to the desirable length, Start knitting in the "FLAT" (Back and forth)

Sl 1, and knit the knits and purl the purls (6 rows)

Proceed to K2, P2 in the round making sure your first stitch is knitted tightly to eliminate the bridge for another 1 1/2- 2 inches (or as desirable)

BO and weave in ends...

How easy is that!!!!!

I also bought a book at Barnes and Noble the other day called Chic knits that has some really cute slip on slippers that I cannot wait to try out..

Please bare with me until this week.. Wednesday I should have my NEW computer and NO later than Friday.... Yeah!!!! I will have bunches of pictures to download... So, be on the LOOK OUT!!!!

Have a WONDERFUL MONDAY!!!!

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home