Knit Diva

Me and my obsession has come a long way since last couple of years... I definitely still consider myself a beginner and always looking to improve my obsession. I think it is my "CALGON"... It takes me away from my busy life with a wonderful husband and 8yo twin boys... YIKES!!! I never understood how addicting yarn could be until I started knitting.. I have crochet for some time on and off but I never felt attached to it as I do with knitting...

Thursday, January 12, 2006

Lots to talk about!!!!

And..... it will probably take a few entries to get it all in...LOL!!! Even though I haven't been posting much, I HAVE been knitting my little fingers to the bones...hehe

But, on another note... We have added another member to our family this week!!!! I was not thrilled at first but he is very cute in an ugly/cute kind of way... ROFL!!!! A very close friend's daughter was leaving for West Virginia to be with her husband that is in the Army. He was suppose to be doing a tour in Iraq but due to pregnancy complications, they postponed his duty in Iraq. They had a daschund that needed to find a home before she took the trip to her NEW home. I was not ready to take the plunge at another animal in the family yet but he is growing on me.

Last year around this time we had a 150lb American Bulldog. (The love of my life!!!!).. He bit my son Logan in the face (he had to get 8-9 stitches on his cheek and under his eye) and so he had to find a NEW home... ( I still miss him terribly but my children come first!!!!) I still have not gotten over him and so I was not ready for an addition to the family just yet.

Due to the severity of her move, my hubby called her up and told her to bring the puppy over so we could see how he was with the boys... WELL, the boys fell in love with him... OF COURSE then I didn't have a say so in the matter... He is only a year old and he follows Logan around like his little side kick...LOL

His name is "speedy"....LOL How fitting huh??? ROFL
Anyway, I am adjusting...LOL My son Logan begged me and told me that he would never forgive me if I found a NEW home for "Speedy"...hehe My hubby said it would be my own self conscience that I would have to deal with... (Breaking my son's heart!!!) I hate when they can play on my emotions....LOL MEN!!!!! I am so outnumbered!!!!!

On other news, I finished the black ribbed hat and I am working on the Irish Hiking Scarf and a Sweater Vest. The Irish Hiking scarf is very easy on the needles and perfect for someone that just learned to cable...
(I am a pro already!!! So easy!!!!) I have a lot more than what is shown since I took this picture last week with the intentions of posting...LOL Goes to show you how time flies by...

On another note, Our knitting group met on Wednesday at our Local Coffee shop and we all had a group discussion on making 9in squares to build an afghan. We have to make 3 squares a piece in whatever yarn we want and whatever design we decide.. I am excited about it. I am picking out my designs so I can get started..hehe

I also got some Wool Pak from my Aunt Sherry (love her to death!!!!hehe) It is 10ply Oatmeal and it is being knitted up in a sweater vest!!!! I got a pattern from her but I am still a little scared about doing a sweater so I thought I would try something without sleeves for now. ROFL!!!!!

This is the start of the sweater vest. It will have 3 inches of the ribbing and the rest will be in Stockinette stitch... We will see how well it comes out.. Well that is about it in my knitting world...hehe

I cannot believe it was over 60degrees today!!!! It won't be tomorrow which is a bummer...hehe And of course my birthday is coming up and it is going to SNOW/RAIN!!!! It always does one or the other on my Birthday.. It sucks to have a Birthday in WINTER!!!!! LOL

Have a Great Evening!!!

Ü

3 Comments:

  • At 8:59 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

    You have been busy! Your little dog is so cute.I know those "guys" out ranked you, but it's a very selfless thing you have done by bringing Speedy into your home. All my friends have daschund. LOL. In fact one of my friends just got a 6 week old miniture daschund. Speedy is a perfect name. LOL. Now you can knit little dog sweaters, bandanas and collar covers. Cool.

    Your knitting is so pretty. The Irish Hiking Scarf is wonderful. I can't believe that you are just starting out with cables. It doesn't look like it.

    I'm glad your back!

     
  • At 10:14 PM , Blogger Cheryl:) said...

    The dog is adorable!!!
    I love the IRISH HIKING SCARF..it is one of my favorite patterns.

     
  • At 6:08 AM , Anonymous Springfield Carpet Cleaning said...

    Hello nice bblog

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home