Knit Diva

Me and my obsession has come a long way since last couple of years... I definitely still consider myself a beginner and always looking to improve my obsession. I think it is my "CALGON"... It takes me away from my busy life with a wonderful husband and 8yo twin boys... YIKES!!! I never understood how addicting yarn could be until I started knitting.. I have crochet for some time on and off but I never felt attached to it as I do with knitting...

Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Mom's Scarf Finished!!!!

My mother had a bunch of yarn laying around while we were wrapping Christmas presents. There was a bag that hasn't been touched in over a month so I opened it...hehe She liked how I made the first sideways scarf and bought this yarn. I told her to give it to me and I will make the scarf.. She didn't want to part with the yarn (she thought I would keep it for myself...LOL!!!) I told her that I would knit it up for her and give it back...

WELL, I finished it and I do have to say so myself that it came out beautiful!!!!! I really do want to keep it for myself but it will be going to her house tomorrow before I change my mind..

These are the easiest scarves to make... I Casted On 140 stitches on a 13 needles and knitted the scarf in a garter stitch... These are so easy and fun to do... I will probably make myself one in brown and pink to match my suede coat...hehe

NOW, I get to work on my "To DO" list for 2006....YEAH!!!! I can knit at my own leisure...hehe I just don't know what I am in the mood for... I really can't get much knitting done this week with the boys out of school but I will be checking out my patterns to write down what I am interested in...

What are you thinking about working on in the coming year???? (Give me some pointers...hehe)

Ü

4 Comments:

  • At 8:54 PM , Blogger Wilma Fingerdu said...

    That is VERY cute yarn but I'm a sucker for blue and black...

    P.S

    I just stole your button;-)

     
  • At 8:57 AM , Blogger Cheryl:) said...

    The blue and black scarf is really pretty I am sure she loved it!!

     
  • At 9:49 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

    That scarf is beautiful, I love the colors. I would have a hard time parting with it too. Happy New Year to you and your family!

     
  • At 10:48 AM , Blogger Knit Diva said...

    Thank you!!! She really loved it!!! My dad was actually impressed also... With doing the scarf on larger needles, it really does stretch out to be a pretty long scarf... The colors really set it off... I did give it to her but it was definitely a struggle. Ü

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home