Knit Diva

Me and my obsession has come a long way since last couple of years... I definitely still consider myself a beginner and always looking to improve my obsession. I think it is my "CALGON"... It takes me away from my busy life with a wonderful husband and 8yo twin boys... YIKES!!! I never understood how addicting yarn could be until I started knitting.. I have crochet for some time on and off but I never felt attached to it as I do with knitting...

Thursday, December 01, 2005

Hat Request GONE WILD!!!!


Well I have been knitting up beanie ribbed hats like crazy...hehe I have made up 2 hats for my sons and my hubbies is on the needles...hehe I was instructed to make his as quickly as possible..LOL!!!! For once, he thinks my knitting is for something useful..... ROFL And not my addiction...hehe

Well funny thing happy yesterday, my boys ride the bus with their two cousins and the eldest of the 2 is 10 yo...hehe He took Jacob's hat yesterday home because he like it so much... He did return it this morning... (Which Jacob was so happy about...LOL) Can you believe they are TWINS!!!!! Amazing huh!!!!!

I called my nephew this evening to ask him if he wanted his own hat. He said that he would like one and so I proceeded to get colors that he liked and so I couldn't leave out my other nephew so he picked out his colors also... ROFL!!!! They picked Black with Yellow stripes and the other Black with green stripes... I have been enjoying making these hats and they are so easy to finish... My wonderful cousin came up with a perfect decrease pattern for this hat and I couldn't have found a better way to decrease and have a smooth flush top...hehe Thanks Wendy!!!!

Now, before long I will want to make me one because waiting at the bus stop for 3 minutes was bitter COLD!!!!! And the bus stop is right in front of my house...hehe

I hope everyone is trying to stay warm and I am totally jealous to those that are living in climates that don't hit the below zero factor... You all are so lucky!!!! Can't go too far away from momma...hehe Or I would be living where I never have to go through another crappy Winter again...ROFL!! Gotta love the Midwest for its unpredictable weather.... 80 degrees in November and the next day it's 30... I feel sorry for those that come to visit relatives that are not adapted to the screwed up weather here...

Have a Great Night!!!!!
Ü

2 Comments:

  • At 2:01 PM , Blogger Cheryl:) said...

    I was going to ask you where you got the pattern.....

     
  • At 3:17 PM , Blogger Knit Diva said...

    Ok here are the instructions for the hat.

    cast on 80 (88, 96)

    Join place marker
    K2, P2, around for (it says for 8 1/2 inches) but for it to fit Kids I did (6 1/2 inches)

    Decrease Rows

    R1: *K6, K2tog* repeat around
    R2: Knit
    R3: *K5, K2tog* repeat around
    R4: Knit
    R5: *K4, K2tog* repeat around
    R6: Knit
    R7: *K3, K2tog* repeat around
    R8: Knit
    R9: *K2, K2tog* repeat around
    R10: Knit
    R11: *K1, K2tog* repeat around
    R12: Knit
    R13: *K2tog* repeat around should have 10, (11, 12) stitches remaining
    Cut yarn leaving a long tail to pull through remaining stitches draw up tightly and secure yarn inside.
    FINISHED!

    Thanks to plumpy!!!!!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home