Knit Diva

Me and my obsession has come a long way since last couple of years... I definitely still consider myself a beginner and always looking to improve my obsession. I think it is my "CALGON"... It takes me away from my busy life with a wonderful husband and 8yo twin boys... YIKES!!! I never understood how addicting yarn could be until I started knitting.. I have crochet for some time on and off but I never felt attached to it as I do with knitting...

Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Is anyone else starving to death for this Holiday???

Hello Everyone!!!!
Been a long time it seems... I have been so busy in the past couple of weeks... I have been faithfully going to my knitting group when time prevails itself...hehe Poor Plumpknitter has been working on Wedsnesdays that she cannot make it... Hopefully after the Holidays she can start coming back or we can make a different day for our knitting obsession...

Since the boys are off tomorrow, I probably will not be able to make it...boohoo!!!! One of our scholar knitters is teaching those of us that don't know how to cable the tricks to this trade this week... I really do not want to miss it but I don't know what else I could do with the boys...hehe I will figure something out!!!! We have some Newbies to knitting and it is kind of neat to have a few things to teach at the group...hehe

As you can see, even though I haven't been posting I have been knitting my fingers to the bone lately with all my projects on needles... My clapotis is resting in a very cold dark place lately because I did something wrong and don't have the patience to sit down and fix it...

My HP bag is coming right along... I am crocheting the strap to it and I need to block the thing...LOL (I really hate crocheting if I can help it...hurts my hand!!!) It came out really cute... It definitely will be cute for a small knitting project to tote around.

This is a ribbed beanie hat for my son... he wanted a blue hat and the other one wanted red... I plan on doing these hats and then a small ribbed scarf to go with.... They are so excited since they get to pick out their colors...

I will show the finished product when I am done... I will be pretty close to finishing soon!!!!

SOOOO!!!! on the the topic of my Title!!!! ROFL!!! I am making room for the Thanksgiving feast. My stomach has been growling for 2 days... Our family has 3 houses to attend on this lovely holiday!!! Talk about being thankful !!!! Anyway, usually people get offended if you don't each much... Usually I am THANKFUL for the day to come to an END!!!!

What is so funny is we pace ourselves for certain dishes at each house!!!! First of all!!! You should know this before I go on... I know you will think that I am not American when I say this BUT..... I DON'T LIKE TURKEY!!!!! My sis always makes a Ham at our family function every year... (Well there is a damper to the plans of this year...grrrrr) My sister is going out of town so this girl will be eating mainly PIES, Deviled eggs, and all the fixins but very little turkey.. (I do take a couple bites of each turkey not to offend anyone...ROFL!!!!

The next day we will be one of those idiots waking up at 4am to be at the stores by 5am to get our deals for Christmas shopping...hehe

Our family has a tradition of letting each other know what we are thankful for and here is mine this year.

Even though our lives are short on this earth, the people that we love, come into contact with, friends, and relatives become a detrimental part of our lives... Even if it is a short period of time they make up who we are and what we have become or want to become. I am thankful for having those people in my life. I really trully believe that those that touch us the most are those that make the best memories that will never be forgotten. I thank God that he has brought those people into my life ...

Bless you all and have a SAFE HOLIDAY!!!!

Diva Ü

1 Comments:

  • At 9:15 PM , Blogger Cheryl:) said...

    see I am the opposite...I LOVE turkey and if I never saw or smelled a ham again I would be happy.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home