Knit Diva

Me and my obsession has come a long way since last couple of years... I definitely still consider myself a beginner and always looking to improve my obsession. I think it is my "CALGON"... It takes me away from my busy life with a wonderful husband and 8yo twin boys... YIKES!!! I never understood how addicting yarn could be until I started knitting.. I have crochet for some time on and off but I never felt attached to it as I do with knitting...

Saturday, December 24, 2005

Strep Throat and Christmas!!!!

WELL, whatdoyouknow....hehe Jacob woke up with a sore throat this morning and I just knew what it was... My boys never show any of the signs for Strep besides their tonsils being a little swollen... Of Course, NO Dr's Office is open today so the trip to Urgent care we go this morning!!!!! LOL

The place was packed with little sick kids!!!! We waited and hour and a half to be seen... The dr. checked his throat and said there was really no signs of Strep but I insisted on them doing the test... WELL, that Dr. ate his WORDS!!!! He said he would have put money on it that Jacob didn't have Strep... We told him that usually there is no NORMAL signs with my twins that they have it... But, they always do in the end... No FEVER, No yucky stuff on the tonsils or the throat. AND they very rarely complain about their throat hurting... After five minutes of waking up this morning he said it didn't hurt anymore....ROFL!!!!

The Dr. was flabergasted and told us that since the boys are so prone to getting it that even if they say that the test comes back negative, they should treat it as Strep... So we are already one dose of Amoxicillian into it and another dose in an hour or so...LOL!!!

I am so glad that we caught it in time so he would not be miserable tomorrow... Poor Baby!!!!

My boys are soooooo ready to PARTY it up at my sister's house in a few hours... They are looking forward to it..

As you can see in the picture that I put the face on the wrist band... Soooo cute!!! I forgot to take a picture of my wine cozy and the scarf I made for my MIL so I will have to post it tomorrow or Monday...

I hope all of you have a WONDERFUL CHRISTMAS and a HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!

Ü

3 Comments:

  • At 8:36 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

    How is Jacob feeling? I hope you all had a great Christmas, inspite of antibiotics and Strep. One good thing though, kids always feel better when they get "STUFF". Ripping wrapping paper can be a magical cure all. ;-)

     
  • At 10:17 AM , Blogger Knit Diva said...

    He is doing Better... They do not lose pace at that age...hehe Especially with NEW presents...LOL I am glad that we took him in on Christmas Eve.. He probably would have been "NO FUN" on Christmas..

    Hopefully we can stay out of the emergency room on New Year's Eve...ROFL!!! Usually an Annual trip to the ER.. Last year Logan had to get 6 stitches in his thumb for cutting it on glass.. WE celebrated New Years in the ER...LOL!!! Ü

     
  • At 10:52 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Glad to hear Jacob is feeling better!

    I love the watch band! :)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home