Knit Diva

Me and my obsession has come a long way since last couple of years... I definitely still consider myself a beginner and always looking to improve my obsession. I think it is my "CALGON"... It takes me away from my busy life with a wonderful husband and 8yo twin boys... YIKES!!! I never understood how addicting yarn could be until I started knitting.. I have crochet for some time on and off but I never felt attached to it as I do with knitting...

Sunday, February 12, 2006

Why do we resort to our Childhood?

Is it because we are trying to hold on to memories? Or, not a care in the world and no responsibilities. Or, have we NEVER grew up and we are still kids... Is it because mortality is a scary thing to think about? Why I ask these things is everyday I go into a store or watch remakes of movies I resort back to my younger years. The toys I played with are coming back. Strawberry Shortcake, Rainbow Brite, Cabbage Patch Kids, and so many more.. I look at this stuff wishing I could get away with buying it and making an excuse that it is for my neices...ROFL!!!! Sometimes I wish I would have tried for another baby to have girl so I could play with all this stuff...ROFL!!!! But, then my boys are sooo much fun to play with...ROFL!!! I love the hot wheels, action figures and the role play imaginative creations that they come up with. I think that is why my sister had the girls...hehe I think my little girl would have been MISS PRISS!!!! Something like her mommy at times... Lil' Diva!!! I would have made a monster...

So anyway, My sister and I and 5 KIDS went to St Louis Mills Mall which is totally kid orienated... With Ice skating rink, bowling alley, play areas, glow in the dark putt putt, Candy shops, Nascar heaven with go carts, train rides, RIDES, and GAMES galore... We had a blast and was totally exhausted after 3 hrs there... We were walking a mile out of the mall to go get something to eat and found a store FULL of "HELLO KITTY" and friends... Well, the boys were totally against going in by I forced them to go in while my neices, my sister, and myself had a BLAST... Hello Kitty resorted back to my childhood and I would had passed out as a kid if they had a store like this...hehe

I found this REALLY CUTE back that was perfect for knitting...hehe My sister bought it for me for my belated birthday present and for $5 I bought a knitted Hello Kitty....ROFL.. I put all my needles and all my goodies in the bag... So I got a little peice of my childhood back in a half in hour of fun... She is so sweet..

Today, it is snowing!!!! Not as much as those that are on the East Coast!!! Stay safe and WARM!!!! This is what it looked like about 2 hours ago from my back yard...LOL The boys are going nuts to go outside and sled ride... We have enough to go now... It looks so pretty today... I am so glad I have nowhere to be today... I have bunches and bunches of laundry to tackle today..

ON KNITTING NEWS: I finished knitting my back and bought material but I have to buy handles for it... I will show it when I sew it up. I started on the pattern PANTA ... It is a really cute headband... I am going to do this KAL.... This headband will match my wristwarmers.... YEAH!!!! The pattern kind of confused me but I figured it out!!!!

It is sooooo cute!!!!!! Check it out!!!!

Have a Safe and Warm Day!!!!

Ü

2 Comments:

  • At 8:29 AM , Blogger Heather said...

    Ooo, I sooo agree. Went into a store that had Strawberry Shortcake and Care Bears thinking... hmmm my desk at work needs toys. I talked myself out of it before the register but the Strawberry Shortcake lunchbox was almost too much to bear.

     
  • At 2:27 AM , Blogger Wilma Fingerdu said...

    I ama HUGE kid.. I love toys...its sad I can spend days in the toy department lol

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home