Knit Diva

Me and my obsession has come a long way since last couple of years... I definitely still consider myself a beginner and always looking to improve my obsession. I think it is my "CALGON"... It takes me away from my busy life with a wonderful husband and 8yo twin boys... YIKES!!! I never understood how addicting yarn could be until I started knitting.. I have crochet for some time on and off but I never felt attached to it as I do with knitting...

Tuesday, September 04, 2007

A Nice LONG Weekend!!!!

The Holiday weekend was very nice but very busy. Sunday was one of our Family Reunions and My sister, mom and myself went down to Eminence to have a wonderful time with our family... We had a lot of joyable time to spend catching up and enjoying a couple of days with out the kids and hubby's...LOL!!!!

We went to my grandparent's and cousin's resting place to visit. I was crabbing at my sister that she parked in a fairly high grassy area. LOW and BEHOLD, I SCREAMED like a little girl when I stepped out of the car and my mom yells at me that I am stepping on a SNAKE!!!!! I lifted my foot in a hurry and started running for my LIFE!!!!! My Aunt's are screaming at me, "What Happen???" My sister and my mom are barrel laughing because the garter snake was no bigger than my hand but you don't scare the pee out of someone that is deathly scare of those nasty creatures....

My mom was teasing me earlier about watching for these things out here when we checked into our hotel. What would possess someone to stuff a rattle snake and some other yucky thing with fangs as long as my pinky? I told her, "OH WHATEVER!!!"

I guess when I stepped out of the car to let my mom out I must have stepped on a hole where that pesky thing was coming out of his home... My mom said I must of stepped on his head and when I lifted my foot, he started to squirm away under MY CAR!!!!! I told my sister to drive on the gravel road before I would get in the car...

I didn't get much knitting done since all those road out there are rolling curvy hills. I forgot my camera but my sister took a bunch of pictures and I will upload some pics of our Labor Day Weekend..


I started a sock from Sock Pixie called Groovy Socks with yarn I dyed. The pattern is super easy....

I did learn a trick last week that probably everyone else knows by now but it is "The New and Improved SSK" Slip 1 as if to knit, Slip 1 as if to purl, and knit. It lays down a lot better...


Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

  • At 12:16 PM , Blogger Five Ferns Fibreholic said...

    I am sooooo with you one the snake thing. Just reading your account gave me the willies.

    On the knitting front...SSK...yah gotta love it. I think that is one of the reasons why I love to knit so much, there is always something to learn. It is an ever changing and developing passion.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home