Knit Diva

Me and my obsession has come a long way since last couple of years... I definitely still consider myself a beginner and always looking to improve my obsession. I think it is my "CALGON"... It takes me away from my busy life with a wonderful husband and 8yo twin boys... YIKES!!! I never understood how addicting yarn could be until I started knitting.. I have crochet for some time on and off but I never felt attached to it as I do with knitting...

Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Have you done an AFTERTHOUGHT HEEL?

I have been piddling around with my knitting lately!!!! I needed something that would excite me and teach something I haven't already taught myself. My cuz Wendy (Plumpy Knitter) was talking about the "Afterthought Heel" or "Peasant Heel". I did some research and found some amazing blogs, tutorials, and patterns that have this type of heel.

Sock Knitters Tutorial

Keyboard Biologist

Afterthought Sock Pattern


I really like the idea of this heel. On handknitted socks the heel is the first to show the most wear and tear... Since it is knitted separately, you can unravel the heel and knit a new heel when need be...

So, I had a sock that I have been knitting on here and there. I am hoping it will come out like I hoped. The only issue that I have with the Afterthought Heel is the length of the foot. How do you calculate how long you have to have it... One of the blogs that I was reading yesterday said to knit a few inches of your foot and then do the heel... Try it on for size and knit the rest of your foot and toe... I think that is a GREAT Idea and I will try this out... Of course I brought everything in my knitting bag besides my socks today... So, no pictures but I will take them soon!!!

RAVELRY is taking about 500-600 memberships a day.... I calculated it out and it looks like in the next 4-5 days I will be invited to the pot of Gold under the Rainbow....hehe I cannot wait... I am jealous that Wendy is about 300 people before me.... GRRRRR!!! That is OK though because we have a PLAN!!! We might share and be (Knitting Cousins) on there... YEAH!!!!!

The weather has been so beautiful lately that it has got me in the mood for organizing and cleaning out stuff... This weekend I am going to try to tackle my yarn... YIKES!!!!

Ü

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home