Knit Diva

Me and my obsession has come a long way since last couple of years... I definitely still consider myself a beginner and always looking to improve my obsession. I think it is my "CALGON"... It takes me away from my busy life with a wonderful husband and 8yo twin boys... YIKES!!! I never understood how addicting yarn could be until I started knitting.. I have crochet for some time on and off but I never felt attached to it as I do with knitting...

Tuesday, September 25, 2007

RAVELRY HERE I COME!!!!!

I got on to Ravelry last night after midnight. I had about 200 people ahead of me and I knew I would be on... I checked last night and then had to pull myself away from the computer and go to bed... Of course, the kids and I woke up about 15 minutes before the bus was suppose to be there... I hate when I do that...

For those of you that have not made it into Ravelry (Be patient or like me impatient). It is definitely worth the wait... NOW, it is going to take me forever to try to get everything I want to do there done.. Talk about wanting to get organized right away. You get to organize your needles, stash, books, and etc. It will help with taking the worry out of "if you need to buy something" for a project... I can't tell you how many times I have went out to buy a set of needles and to find out that I have 3-4 sets of the same ones.

It will be great to do research on projects you are looking into doing. You can even organize "up and coming projects" you want to dab your fingers in. How KICK ASS is that!!!! You can look up that project and see what kind of yarn people used and needle size. I think that is the COOLEST!!! I am always looking on the computer at other people's blogs or forums to see if someone use the yarn I wanted to use for that pattern...

They already have tons of groups that you can join which is a plus!!! The chore will be trying to find "Fav" people that I read their blogs on a daily basis. I have a lot I don't even have on my blog. It will be a chore but I will LOVE every minute of it....

Well that is all I know about it right now but I will let you know once I venture out more into the World of Ravelry.

On Knitting News: I am doing the toe of the Groovy Socks... I finished the afterthought heel and it was a little odd to use DPN's since I totally despise them but I got the hang of them and it turned out OK for my first try. Once I finish the toe, I will post a picture.

Back to venturing to the realm of Ravelry... See ya Soon!!!!

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home