Knit Diva

Me and my obsession has come a long way since last couple of years... I definitely still consider myself a beginner and always looking to improve my obsession. I think it is my "CALGON"... It takes me away from my busy life with a wonderful husband and 8yo twin boys... YIKES!!! I never understood how addicting yarn could be until I started knitting.. I have crochet for some time on and off but I never felt attached to it as I do with knitting...

Wednesday, November 14, 2007

One week until Thanksgiving... Can you believe it???

Here is my little mutten head.. He is my company during the day while I am working at the store...hehe We are going through the teething stage right now...LOL!!! His baby teeth are falling out and his big teeth are coming in... Needless to say we have bought a lot of toys lately to surpass his little teething stage...

We are having a great time with Cash... I love him to death.. We just bought him a new pen and for some odd reason he does not want to sleep in it... It might be that he was spoiled one night and slept on the bed because he out grew his other kennel in lightning speed...LOL!!!!

On Knitting News... Monday night I was granted some wonderful hand dyed yarn from Yummee Yarn.... Here is a sneak peek at 2 new colorways that she is offering... I am so excited to knit with both... The first up is the New "Apple Harvest". I think out of both this is my favorite.. Sorry for the camera shot... My new camera was being borrowed and I had to take it with my old canon... But you get the picture of what it looks like......

I think this skein of yarn will be used for a pattern in the Cat Bordhi book... I cannot wait to dive right into a pattern in that book... I have been reading up on that book before I start any project with it... She is a genius... That is the only words to describe her new innovative ways of thinking about a knitted sock... I think Plumpy and I will do a mini KAL together to start one of the socks... At least we can work together through our trial and errors on one the patterns.

The next one up is very vibrant. I don't think it has been named yet but you can see why I fell in love with it... I love how colors and objects around us can inspire colors for a skein of dyed yarn...
I think these colors would be perfect for a self striping sock, don't you?
Anyway, these are my treasures for the week that I have been fondling since Monday... Go check out foodandknitgirl Blog. She gives the places on where you can buy her yarn.
I have some great news that I am on the toe of my Groovy Socks and then will do the afterthought heel... Those will be off the needles and I will start on other projects that have been on the back burner for some time now.
I hope you have a wonderful Hump Day!!!hehe Ü

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

  • At 12:43 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I'm in love with Cash. Boxers are awesome dogs. Give him super pooper puppy kisses from me!

     
  • At 9:48 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I was surfing the web looking for sock darning in St Louis..and came across your site.
    I have several pairs of really nice, expensive, hand-knit man's kilt hose..with holes at the great toe. Other than the toe issue, the hose are mostly in good condition and I would like to have them fixed. Are there services for darning in the St Louis area?
    best regards

     
  • At 5:15 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

    OMG Cash is adorable. My friend has two Boxers and another trainer friend of mine shows and breeds them. They are awesome pets. Instant love bugs they are.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home