Knit Diva

Me and my obsession has come a long way since last couple of years... I definitely still consider myself a beginner and always looking to improve my obsession. I think it is my "CALGON"... It takes me away from my busy life with a wonderful husband and 8yo twin boys... YIKES!!! I never understood how addicting yarn could be until I started knitting.. I have crochet for some time on and off but I never felt attached to it as I do with knitting...

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Lots of things to show....

It is has been so busy around this place... I have had one of my sons with a middle ear infection and then his ear drum rupture. My baby cash decides he is going to be deathly sick. We had to take him in to the Emergency Animal Hospital. We still do not know what happen but he seems like he is doing better. I have finally got some food and water down him but he looks like he has lost about 5lbs in the past couple of day... POOR BABY!!!! He had 2 seizure yesterday and I had to take him back in...

This SNOW, ICE, SLEET, and RAIN has GOT to STOP!!!!! I am so depressed and would like for summer to come any day now... Being stuck in the house and no school for the boys for the past couple of weeks has been torture!!!!! I have been knitting and reading but I would like to soak up the sun some time soon...
I have been knitting a stockinette sock in YummeeYarn and the stripes are coming out really cute.. I didn't want a weird break in the stripes and so I did an afterthought heel. I don't think I will have a problem with the 2nd Sock Syndrome with this pair. I cannot wait to wear these beauties.

I wanted to show my Birthday gift that I got from my FIL. He made me a tabletop swift in Oak and stained it... I absolutely LOVE IT!!! I got it early for Christmas because he could not wait to give it to me and I couldn't wait either. It was quite funny trying to explain to the WHOLE family what the heck it was and what it did... Of course, they didn't know what the big deal was but I was in HOG Heaven with this gift... I think that these types of gifts are so heartfelt and the most memorable. It is portable too which I love!!!! He has made up some more to sell at the craft fairs. The WHOLE family was amazed at how much they sell for in the knitting market... I got myself a jewel...
Last Month we visited the Sanrio store with my nieces and this is what I brought home. It is an insulated lunch carrier but I am going to use it for knitting... The bottom zipper part I am going to use for my needles and my project up top... It is VERY Cute... The girls always have a blast going into the store... Ya gotta love Hello Kitty.

I mentioned earlier that I have been reading... I just finished The Golden Compass. I was going to start on The Subtle Knife but I started on a Lynsay Sands The Accidental Vampire... I am really thinking that this book will be funny...

I guess that is about it in the the Knit Diva world... Please pray for some warm weather for the Midwest or I am liable to relocate to warmer climate....Ü

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

  • At 10:31 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    If you haven't heard of it yet, Sanrio Town's DreamStudio is holding a Valentines competition. Entitled "What is love?" the contest has a lot of exciting prizes up for grabs, including a limited edition Hello Kitty USB drive! You can check out the competition's details here if you have the time. :)

     
  • At 4:17 PM , Blogger Keowdie said...

    Cute sock! The colors are great!
    I hear you about the weather... bring on Spring!!!!!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home