Knit Diva

Me and my obsession has come a long way since last couple of years... I definitely still consider myself a beginner and always looking to improve my obsession. I think it is my "CALGON"... It takes me away from my busy life with a wonderful husband and 8yo twin boys... YIKES!!! I never understood how addicting yarn could be until I started knitting.. I have crochet for some time on and off but I never felt attached to it as I do with knitting...

Friday, August 19, 2005

Warm Up America!!!!


Well I finally had a chance to take some pictures of some squares I have finished... It is scrap yarn that was given to me from a lady that use to crochet. She didn't have time to crochet anymore so she gave me a BIG bag of yarn and Wash cloth yarn...hehe My mom stole the good Wash cloth yarn but that is NO BIGGY!!! There is some yarn that I would not touch to make something with but it is staying around just in case someone needs it for school project or what not...LOL



Warm Up America is a program that donates to facilities in need. You can donate the finished blankets to your community.. I think it is a wonderful idea and it is easy on the needles when you are bored of doing that grueling project....hehe This summer has been short and sweet projects for me... I just haven't had my mind on the right track to make anything but wash cloths and little projects that only take a couple of hours of my time...LOL

I have a couple of people requesting skull hats for the Fall/Winter time. I have some patterns but just haven't found a yarn to use that wouldn't look girly.. I was thinking along the lines of a stone gray or something like that... You can't go wrong with Gray for men!!! Or black... I might make me one also for those bad hair days that my hair is whipping in the wind. hehe

I hope everyone is having a Beautiful day!!! It is going to be 98degrees today!!! YIKES!!! See what I mean about Midwest Weather... It sucks!!!!

tata

2 Comments:

  • At 5:26 AM , Blogger PlumpKnitter said...

    Hey Diva,
    How many squares have you finished for the blanket.. maybe I'll knit up a few to add to your project..a great thing Warm Up America is doing!

    Also we'll have to go yarn shopping and look through the yarn for hats.. I'm gonna have to start knitting some up myself..

    Are we ready for a "Borders KnitNight" yet?

     
  • At 7:49 AM , Blogger Knit Diva said...

    I am on my fifth one.. You know me, always changing projects...LOL I would be more than happy for some help...hehe I definitely agree that we need to go yarn shopping... Let me know when the next "Borders KnitNight" is? I am definitely up for that!!!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home