Knit Diva

Me and my obsession has come a long way since last couple of years... I definitely still consider myself a beginner and always looking to improve my obsession. I think it is my "CALGON"... It takes me away from my busy life with a wonderful husband and 8yo twin boys... YIKES!!! I never understood how addicting yarn could be until I started knitting.. I have crochet for some time on and off but I never felt attached to it as I do with knitting...

Sunday, September 04, 2005

Finished my first beanie hat...



Well, I can't say that I wasn't calling it bad names at the end but it came out cute... There are some things I would have done differently but it definitely will do the trick this winter...LOL I have to go find a cute aqua shirt/sweater to go with it.

I took another picture of it from above to let you see the pattern from the top... I thought it was going to come out with littler stripes than it did but all in all it was definitely a progress completed...LOL
I would like to make some fingerless mittens to go with this hat... We will see...

I have so many other projects that are in the process or I want to start that I don't know what I want to work on....hehe

I have been searching for Halloween projects to do lately and have found some cute patterns... I found a cute orange and black wash cloth with a jack o lantern face the other day on a blog and for some reason (I hate when I do that!!!!) I cannot found it again.. I am so mad at myself... I have a pattern for a Hot Pad but it just isn't the same... If you know of a pattern with this on it,,, PLEASE let me know!!! I am racking my brain trying to remember and I am getting nothing on the other end... (Which isn't unusual... ROFL!!!!)

I am almost done with my pink scarf and I will take pictures when I am finished... I plan on taking a trip to my Aunt Sherry's to go through some patterns and maybe learn a few things... She is the BEST!!!! Even though I got a talking to yesterday about checking my gauge on my hat!!!! (Hints: My telling it bad words in the process of finishing it!!! LOL)

Anyway, I am planning on venturing out on some socks!!! My Aunt told me I would be hooked if I just learned how to turn the heel and do the gusset... We will see!!!! We will probably see some frustrating posts in the near future...hehe

I am hoping everyone had a wonderful Holiday Weekend!!! I have a couple of pictures to share from when we went to the Family Reunion... Plumpknitter, we definitely missed you!!!! I hope you and Chase are feeling better...

TaTa for now!!!

1 Comments:

  • At 7:29 AM , Blogger Knit Diva said...

    I took quite a few pics and asked hubby which one... The one I was smiling in he thought I looked dorky...LOL!!!

    My socks will be on needles sooner than later and I am hoping that they will go smoothly... I might need all the help I can get to finish them...ROFL!!!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home