Knit Diva

Me and my obsession has come a long way since last couple of years... I definitely still consider myself a beginner and always looking to improve my obsession. I think it is my "CALGON"... It takes me away from my busy life with a wonderful husband and 8yo twin boys... YIKES!!! I never understood how addicting yarn could be until I started knitting.. I have crochet for some time on and off but I never felt attached to it as I do with knitting...

Thursday, September 01, 2005

What an EXHAUSTING day!!!

OFF TOPIC: (Sorry)

It started as a normal Thursday morning... Kids off to school and myself doing some Spring cleaning that never got finished...LOL I bet some of you know what I mean.. I received a phone call from my BIL asking if my hubby was home... He was working... He began to tell me that Ross' dad was being transported to the ICU after his back surgery this morning.... OH MY GOSH!!!! His brother told me that he had internal bleeding and lost A LOT of blood during surgery. His blood pressure dropped at an alarming rate twice while in recovery.

I had to call my hubby at work.. (Which is very unusual so he knew it was serious!!!) His sister, me and Ross headed to the hospital to join my MIL... We had to wait for almost an hour until they got him stabilized...

He looked at Ross and said, "What are you doing here???" ROFL!!! Ross had to explain to him that it is not normal for a man to come out of shoulder surgery (a couple months prior) the same day to go work on rental properties AND then have complications and be sent in the ICU.. His dad told him that he seemed fine to him...LOL!!! Well DAD I wonder why since you were unconscious....hehe He told him later that maybe they were not fast enough with the process so he rushed the process for them... Well I guess so!!!!

Anyway, it was quite a scare to us to get phone call like this today.. He is still in ICU to make sure that he doesn't move a muscle and that the bleeding has stopped.

WHEW!!!! I am so glad everything is OK!!! What a stressful day!!! I am hoping to relax tonight with a little knitting on my hat that I have doing for the past couple of days... The colors of that TLC yarn (Brown&Teal) looks so adorable as a hat... I think I might have enough for some fingerless gloves to match..

My scarf is coming a long nicely and I am hoping to finish it this weekend.. My hat has taken more priority since the colors are so cute..hehe

I hope everyone had a better day than myself today...

Good Evening

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home