Knit Diva

Me and my obsession has come a long way since last couple of years... I definitely still consider myself a beginner and always looking to improve my obsession. I think it is my "CALGON"... It takes me away from my busy life with a wonderful husband and 8yo twin boys... YIKES!!! I never understood how addicting yarn could be until I started knitting.. I have crochet for some time on and off but I never felt attached to it as I do with knitting...

Friday, May 26, 2006

SHINGLES and not the ones on the ROOF!!!!! YUCK!!!

I have been battling shingles for the past 2 weeks on my back... YUCK!!!! I only got it a little on my shoulder blade but that was enough to put me in a world wind....LOL!!! I went to the doctor for the first time in 7 years... (Hints....the birth of the twins...LOL!!!!)

It was quite a funny story if you ask me...LOL!!!! On Mother's Day, Wendy&Chase, my Aunt, my mom, my sister, and myself were enjoying a breakfast with our moms...hehe (I thought I had poison ivy on my back) I told my mom and my aunt to look at it to see what they thought... I told them it was BURNING, TINGLING, and itching occasionally.. I showed them and BOTH said, "THAT is SHINGLES!!!!!" (Mind you: we are in a public place... ROFL!!!) Everybody in the restaurant looked at me like I had the PLAGUE!!!!!

I was like, "What the HECK are Shingles???" ( I knew they were something to do with the Chicken Pox but that was all I knew) My Aunt and my mother were lecturing "LIKE MOTHERS" about I need to get into the DR. IMMEDIATELY!!!!! They later told me it was caused by STRESS!!!! WELL, WHOOP-DE-DOO!!!! Stress is my middle name....LOL!!! I have twin boys... I should have had them from the beginning... ROFL!!!!

Anyway, I proceeded to tell them that I had the worse sinus headache (like my eyeballs were about to pop out!!!) and I was having tingling from my back to the top of my head....hehe They lectured me some more...

I went home and looked up EVERYTHING I could on this little nasty thing and found out that it hits your nervous system.... OH YEAH!!!! It can impair your eyesight if not treated quickly... (That is what scared me!!!!)

The next morning I had an appointment with the doctor... I was having shooting pain down my right arm pit and arm...

The Dr. fixed me up with some antibiotics and asked what I was stressed about... I told her nothing more than day to day life...

Well, anyway the antibiotic is another story in itself...LOL I am so GLAD to be off that stuff!!!! It made me sooooo Dizzy, lethargic, sick to my stomach at times, and my motor skills were sooooo off!!!!!

I poked myself in the eye with a mascara brush.. (not the normal way I would do it... Literally stuck the thing straight in my eyeball....) ROFL!!!! No concept of depth I guess.

I had a BEE get stuck in my pony tail and tried to swoop it out and instead I missed my hair and KARATE CHOPPED my NOSE!!!!! I almost broke the darn thing....ROFL!!! It was bleeding and everything....hehe My hubby looks at me and says, "That is one of the stupidest things I have seen you do in a LONG TIME!!!!" WELL DUH, I am loopy on this medicine!!!!!

Anyway please LAUGH at my expense... ROFL!!! I have been laughing at myself for the past 2 weeks...

I have MANY pictures of my projects I have been working on.. I finished the shrug and a bag for my aunt and working on another bag..

I will post my pictures TODAY!!!!! I am so happy with the Shrug!!! I actually got to wear it before it turned 90 degrees..hehe

Have a wonderful SAFE Holiday!!!!

Ü

3 Comments:

  • At 8:23 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

    I'm so glad that you are doing better. I've missed you. My daughter got the Shingles about 6 months ago. NOT A PRETTY EXPERIENCE! Now along with those knitting pictures, get your favorite mug out, take a picture and post it. Consider yourself mug tagged. LOL.

     
  • At 8:35 AM , Blogger Cheryl:) said...

    Oh no!! Have your kids had chicken pox???
    That's the same virus I've heard..
    Oh you and I could have a contest to see whose done the most stupid stuff...wouldn't that be fun??? Yesterday I fell asleep on the couch holding a travel mug of ice water....you can guess what happenned.....
    Hope you feel better!!

     
  • At 9:39 AM , Blogger Knit Diva said...

    No, they haven't!!! I was scared of that also!!! My mother never had Chicken Pox even when my sister and I had it severely...

    My brain felt like mush.. I had to concentrate to even speak... What was funny is that I thought I was finished with my medicine Weds. and yesterday I was throwing out the bottle and there was still one of the boogers in there...ROFL!!!! I took it before I went to bed last night so I wouldn't feel the effects of that stupid horse pill...ROFL

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home