Knit Diva

Me and my obsession has come a long way since last couple of years... I definitely still consider myself a beginner and always looking to improve my obsession. I think it is my "CALGON"... It takes me away from my busy life with a wonderful husband and 8yo twin boys... YIKES!!! I never understood how addicting yarn could be until I started knitting.. I have crochet for some time on and off but I never felt attached to it as I do with knitting...

Thursday, June 01, 2006

Our Knitting Group!!!!

Well, I finally had a chance to catch our knitters in motion...LOL Well, Plumpy was the photographer.. Next time I will get her in a couple of shots...hehe BEWARE!!!!! Plumpy, I am on a mission...hehe

As you can see our boys were joining us at the knitting group.. It was REAL FUN let me tell you!!!! Wendy and I were ready to pull our hair out after 2 hrs...ROFL

In the second photo, Jackie is in red and Gaye is in the white top. Jackie is the founder of our knitting group. She is a wonderful women with lots to teach... It has been over a month since she has came to knitting. She has been recovering from surgery... She was ecstatic to be there this week...

Joanie is knitting a scarf. We have to get her to break out of her shell and start knitting some socks... Wendy and I will get her to that stage one of these days... She is a hoot to hang out with... We are a little envious at times because Joanie is a taste tester for a company... Wouldn't that be fun!!!!



Us girls kind of take over the coffee shop when we are there.. LOTS of yarn that was being given away. knitting needles, darning needles, DPN, magazines, knitting totes.. YOU NAME IT!!! Jackie is infamous about bringing in Knitting supplies to give away..hehe I never pass up the opportunity for free stuff..hehe


Margaret is on the right. She retired last year as a principal in our school district... I thought retirement was to relax... She is always busy, busy, busy!!! LOL!!! Now, she subs for our schools and teaches as a professor to COLLEGE KIDS ...ROFL!!! She made a yellow shawl for her SIL that showed up a little later. It was so adorable.. We were talking that the pattern would work for a baby blanket... Hopefully, Kathy will wear it sometime in the coffee shop so I can take a better picture.

Most of the time there is more talking and chit chatting than there is really progress in our knitting but we still enjoy ourselves... With a double shot of expresso in our frozen mochas, we talk a million miles a minute...

You can see a little glimpse of me with the blonde hair...hehe I promise to get a better picture...hehe

Today it is NASTY out with RAIN!!!! I am knitting away on a bag for my AUNT!!!! I hope to God I can get it done in time before she leaves...hehe

Have a Wonderful Day!!!!

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home