Knit Diva

Me and my obsession has come a long way since last couple of years... I definitely still consider myself a beginner and always looking to improve my obsession. I think it is my "CALGON"... It takes me away from my busy life with a wonderful husband and 8yo twin boys... YIKES!!! I never understood how addicting yarn could be until I started knitting.. I have crochet for some time on and off but I never felt attached to it as I do with knitting...

Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Do YOU ever see yourself trying to explain to NON-knitters!!!!

It is so funny to see myself knitting.... A couple of years ago, I would have NEVER imagined myself being in a life-long craft that has been around for centuries!!!!

It seems like I am always trying to explain myself to others that don't knit....ROFL!!!!

The BIGGEST question is: "Why knit a pair of socks when it is more convenient to go buy a pair????""" WHAT!!!!! Sometimes I tell them, " YOU just don't get it!!!!" Yes, I can buy a pair of those white pair of socks at the Local store for A LOT cheaper than knitting up a pair.... BUT, your tootsies don't look as cute as these....ROFL!!!!! It is kind of like a PEDICURE!!!! Your feet and tootsies look so much sexier with Polish...hehe Our feet take the BRUNT of everything we do... Why not take care of them and surround them by GOODNESS!!!! Yes, my feet have the right to sport around some hand-crafted, high dollar, yummy threads!!! They deserve it since I put them through A LOT!!!

DON'T misinterpret what your feet really want.. Women can be frugal with somethings but there are other things you have to splurge...hehe I can be frugal when it comes to clothes shopping but shoes, purses, and my hair are my things I splurge on... There is nothing like shoe shopping or paying a little extra for a purse that is going to last... Of course, my HAIR!!!! I am soooo picky and the only person that can deal with me is my FAMILY!!!! ROFL!!!!

Anyway, since the weather is changing to "DOWN RIGHT CHILLY"!!!!! I can't go around bare foot so my feet have to sport my hand-crafted sockies...hehe

I haven't had much time to knit on my socks lately because I have been knitting my Cropped Hoodie shrug.... YUMMY!!!! I will finish my opal socks soon... We have a couple of days off and so that might be a perfect time to get them finished...hehe

Pictures coming Soon!!!!

I hope everyone has a WONDERFUL Thanksgiving!!!!

2 Comments:

  • At 3:42 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

    LOL, I get that sock question every time I have a knitting demonstration. I've got to the point where I just tell them, that if you have ever had a sock made just especially for your foot, you would understand why. There's nothing like it. Then I watch the expression on their face change to a puzzled look and they usually walk off. LOL.

     
  • At 10:13 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Hi Andrea,
    I came across your blog and wonder...if you are the"Andrea" that I used to know. Your pic. says yes.. Did you used to work in NYC ? My name is Nika and wonder if you used work at Corniche(jeans wear company) in sales. I was designer there and we lost touch after I left. Hope you are that Andrea!:)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home