Knit Diva

Me and my obsession has come a long way since last couple of years... I definitely still consider myself a beginner and always looking to improve my obsession. I think it is my "CALGON"... It takes me away from my busy life with a wonderful husband and 8yo twin boys... YIKES!!! I never understood how addicting yarn could be until I started knitting.. I have crochet for some time on and off but I never felt attached to it as I do with knitting...

Friday, December 01, 2006

Winter Warning!!!!!

For Heaven sake!!!!!! I wish I had my camera to show you the unfortunate looking scenery that we have right now. We had ALL DAY /Rain/Sleet/Freezing Rain/Sleet/Freezing Rain/Snow... We have trees down everywhere. Power lines are down everywhere. My parents have been out of electricity since 11pm last night. Mind you, it is 20 degrees right now...

Last night might have been one of the scariest situations that we have went through in quite some time. Branches were so heavy from the freezing rain that they were breaking everywhere. Our electricity was flashing on and off all night. It was about midnight and we finally laid down to go to bed and heard CRACK/CRACK!!!!! I yelled my hubby's name and he said, "MOOOOVE!!!!" We ran out of our bed!!!! What a trip... We went to go look at what it hit... It was one of our big Maples that lost one of the biggest branches on our self standing garage... Whoooooahhhh!!!!!

I finally fell asleep... My hubby got up this morning to tell me that he couldn't sleep last night because he kept on hearing branches breaking everywhere!!!! I get out of bed to make some coffee and look out my kitchen window... What do I see????? One of our HUGE OAK TREES came tumbling down last night. It almost hit a truck that was parked in our yard that couldn't get up a hill... Luckily, the tree hit another tree and missed the truck. Three families up the road from us was not so lucky. 3 houses were hit by OAK TREES!!!! 500,000 people are without electricity this morning. In our town alone there is almost 8,000 people without power. It is like 20 degrees out right now.....

The NEWS said that we had 2.9 inches of accumulations of precipitation. They said that if we would have had snow, it would have been 30 inches of SNOW!!!!!! I would have taken the snow!!!! Ice is no fun!!!!

When I get my camera, I will give you all pictures of the weather...

Please pray for the Midwest and the families that are without power today!!!!

2 Comments:

  • At 10:48 AM , Blogger Cheryl:) said...

    Thank goodness you are ok!!!

     
  • At 11:34 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

    I'm so glad that you and your family are ok. Please let us know when Plumpy gets her power on and if she doing all right.

    You all are in our thoughts,

    Blessed Be

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home