Knit Diva

Me and my obsession has come a long way since last couple of years... I definitely still consider myself a beginner and always looking to improve my obsession. I think it is my "CALGON"... It takes me away from my busy life with a wonderful husband and 8yo twin boys... YIKES!!! I never understood how addicting yarn could be until I started knitting.. I have crochet for some time on and off but I never felt attached to it as I do with knitting...

Monday, September 05, 2005

Our trip to the Ozarks!!!!


Well we had a nice time camping Saturday with the WHOLE family... 5 Kids under 8 years old and 6 adults and 3 dogs... WE actually enjoyed ourselves and will definitely plan on doing this family gathering every year from now on... Our Family Reunion was very nice... We didn't get to stay for too long because we were just so darn tired... Hubby had to work Labor Day so we had to get home kind of early..

Well, we all have successfully came down with a nice cold to enjoy the rest of the week... YUCK!!!! It is definitely not something I was looking forward to spending my week but I guess I will trudge along to get over this nastiness...LOL


On a better note, we went and seen one of the most beautiful places in the Ozarks.... We went and showed the kids "Alley Springs"... It is definitely a magnificent site to see and the kids FREAKED out at how cold the water was.. The Puppies jumped right into the shallow end of the spring... Wooo Hooooo!!! My nephew was asking my sister, "If this is a bottomless pit, then I bet there are SHARKS in there!!!!" The scenery is so AWESOME!!!! It is definitely a place that you will never forget.. I have went many times growing up and it is amazing every time I see it... It is crystal clear...

I didn't get much knitting done going down or coming home... The last time I tried that going down there for my grandfather's funeral I got car sick... Didn't want to push it!!! During camping was a "no go" because trying to wrangle up 5 kids and keep track of 3 dogs was not a pretty site...LOL We had fun though and so did the kids... They did some swimming in the river and tried to catch some crawfish as we soaked in the sun...

I hope everyone had a nice Labor Day!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home