Knit Diva

Me and my obsession has come a long way since last couple of years... I definitely still consider myself a beginner and always looking to improve my obsession. I think it is my "CALGON"... It takes me away from my busy life with a wonderful husband and 8yo twin boys... YIKES!!! I never understood how addicting yarn could be until I started knitting.. I have crochet for some time on and off but I never felt attached to it as I do with knitting...

Wednesday, January 03, 2007

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!

I hope everyone stayed safe in their adventures of bringing in the the NEW YEAR!!!! We had a very nice time at my sister's house with family and friends. For the past 2 years, I have been able to celebrate the New Year with Hubby... He usually works on New Year's Eve night!!!! It has been nice to be able to spend it with him... We watched Jackass 2!!!! OK, usually I cannot stand stupid movies like that but it was really funny... (I truly feel sorry for their parents!!!! ROFL) They are way TOO EXTREME for my taste and I hope and pray that my rambunctious boys do not do stupid stuff like that!!!! LOL

New Year's Resolutions are not for me besides with "KNITTING"... I don't make goals that can potentially be broken and then I feel like a Failure. Knitting is a different story when it comes to goals... In 2006, I promised myself I would do my first sweater... WELL, I did not finish my hoodie shrug yet but it is almost finished... I feel like it will be a TRUE accomplishment when it is finished..

For this YEAR:
Designing my own patterns is really a passion for me!!!! Since I started knitting, I have drawn many pictures of some designs that have not hit the needles... I am hoping this year that I can maybe knit up a few.

HATS and SWEATERS in my own designs.

My second challenge will be learning how to become great at color work... I have been wanted to do some color work for a very long time... The Norwegian designs for hats and mittens intrigue me. I will definitely be doing this in the VERY NEAR FUTURE!!!!

This year will be granted to "GIFTING"!!!!! I will not say ALL because I have to make a few items for myself (hehe) but the MAJORITY of the items that I knit will be for others. I plan on making a list of items that I will knit for the month or quarter. (Depending on what the projects are going to be.) I might even throw in some charity knitting...

BLOGGER!!! I plan on making the experience on my blog more ENJOYABLE!!!! ROFL!!!! I am really not that boring in life....hehe MORE PICTURES, ILLUSTRATIONS, SITES that have wonderful tutorials and patterns. More posts that have substance.....LOL!!!! AND, maybe some FREE patterns in the mix of it all!!!! I have 3 or 4 patterns that I have done but have not posted...

And Last but not Least: Knitting is a PASSION and I hope to share my passion with others that are willing and wanting to learn.. I love teaching others how to knit. It brings me so much joy to see others feel the same way as they finish a knitted item. In the past 2 months, I have taught 7 people to knit.... What a JOY!!!!

I hope all of you have a WONDERFUL 2007!!!!

Ü

3 Comments:

  • At 8:07 PM , Blogger Kathy said...

    I definitely don't think your blog is boring! Can't wait to see your original designs in the new year!

     
  • At 1:16 PM , Blogger Melissa said...

    Great goals! Can't wait to see them in action.

     
  • At 10:09 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

    Diva, you've got a great blog and some really exciting things planned for the new year. I can't wait to see it all come together for you.

    Happy New Year and Happy Knitting!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home