Knit Diva

Me and my obsession has come a long way since last couple of years... I definitely still consider myself a beginner and always looking to improve my obsession. I think it is my "CALGON"... It takes me away from my busy life with a wonderful husband and 8yo twin boys... YIKES!!! I never understood how addicting yarn could be until I started knitting.. I have crochet for some time on and off but I never felt attached to it as I do with knitting...

Saturday, January 06, 2007

My Hoodie Shrug is knitted up!!!!

I am finished with the knitting of the Hoodie Shrug but it has to be seamed.... OH NO!!!! This girl has never seamed a sweater before... Plumpy said that she would help me get it done... I haven't decided if I want to do the hood or do a long ribbing around the front and around the neck and be done with it.... LOL!!! All I can say is that even though I am a week shy of finishing my sweater for 2006 it is still a wonderful feeling.. WHAT AN ACCOMPLISHMENT!!!! I am so proud of myself right now... I just don't want to get down about the seaming... I hate not knowing how to do something....

To take my mind of the shrug, I started knitting the BREA BAG.... Now, I am almost done with the Front and Back pieces but I still have to make the gusset... I have to say that the picture of this bag is deceiving....LOL!!!! It looks a lot bigger in the picture.. I read the pattern last night and I am right about the correct gauge and the measurements are accurate but the picture makes the bag look so much bigger... OH WELL!!! It will be my first FO of the year!!!! I did it in the charcoal tweed from Patons... It is kind of hard to see the pattern but I wanted to be able to use this bag anytime...hehe (Yes, this bag is going to be for me!!!) I would take pictures of it but my camera is not at home... boohoo.... I promise that I will take pictures of it Monday...

I plan on going to JoAnn's Monday and picking up a leather strap for it...hehe

I have forgotten how fun it is to make bags.... I think more will be in my future...hehe

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend...

Ü

1 Comments:

  • At 1:43 PM , Blogger Cyndie said...

    Hi Diana,
    I am very new to Knitting. I am having a problem with the pearl stitch. What is the eaisest way? You are doing a Fantastic job.
    Thank you Hugs Cyndie
    Ps Im a diva too lol

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home