Knit Diva

Me and my obsession has come a long way since last couple of years... I definitely still consider myself a beginner and always looking to improve my obsession. I think it is my "CALGON"... It takes me away from my busy life with a wonderful husband and 8yo twin boys... YIKES!!! I never understood how addicting yarn could be until I started knitting.. I have crochet for some time on and off but I never felt attached to it as I do with knitting...

Saturday, September 17, 2005

Clapotis is Started!!!!


I thought this Clapotis Pattern was going to be a big pain in the you know what....LOL!!!! Actually it hasn't been too bad... I am finishing the 2nd Section and will be doing the LONGEST part of the pattern next... I started on Bamboo needles but might have to move to a circular with this one... I bought 7 skeins of Lion Micro Spun (And will probably have to go back for MORE) in a nice salmon color... I couldn't decide what color to pick and I finally just picked this one...

I haven't came to the BEST part of the pattern... (DROP stitches) but I am looking forward to purposely dropping stitches since I totally despise doing it in other projects....

My mom and I went to Borders yesterday and went to St Louis Bread Co or Panera's (depending on where you are in the U.S.) Bought two books.... One was Debbie Macomber "A Good Yarn"... This book is about a knitting shop and it is about a class making socks... The first book was really good also.. It gives patterns in the book... YEAH!!!! I also got a book called Undead and Unwed... She is a Vampire Queen...

THEN today Wendy gave me another book to read.. I will check to see what it is called...

I got my hair colored from my Aunt today... Wendy and I just chit chatted about projects and the NEW adventure BACK to Target for some more discounted yarn.. The scarf she is making now is soooooo adorable... LOVE it!!!!

I am so in the mood to start knitting up some cute scarves and hats for the cold winter ahead of us... It was on the cool side today and a beautiful day to relax...hehe

I hope everyone is having a wonderful Weekend.

tata

3 Comments:

  • At 1:01 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

    Microspun Salmon. LOVE IT! Drop stitches are so much fun. Where did you get the Clapotis Pattern? I can't wait to see the finished product.

     
  • At 1:47 PM , Blogger Wilma Fingerdu said...

    did wendy send you the pattern for the slippers?

     
  • At 2:46 PM , Blogger Knit Diva said...

    The Clapotis Pattern is at Knitty in the fall 04 issue. YES, Wendy sent me the slipper pattern and I can't wait to work on this pattern... It looks to be easy, right up my alley...hehe

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home