Knit Diva

Me and my obsession has come a long way since last couple of years... I definitely still consider myself a beginner and always looking to improve my obsession. I think it is my "CALGON"... It takes me away from my busy life with a wonderful husband and 8yo twin boys... YIKES!!! I never understood how addicting yarn could be until I started knitting.. I have crochet for some time on and off but I never felt attached to it as I do with knitting...

Monday, September 12, 2005

Well I did it!!!!

It is amazing how much you can learn about knitting on the net if you put your mind and fingers to the test...LOL I have learned so much in the past year from wonderful blogs and instructional websites..

I have seen so many bloggers knitting these MultiDirectional scarves and I wanted to give it a try... AND, come to find out you had to know how to do Short Row shaping... WELL DUH!!!! This girl doesn't know how to do that...hehe Usually I would save the pattern for a rainy day to practice the pattern but NO this time I plunged right into learning on how to do this...

I looked at quite a few different sites with instructions and they TOTALLY confused me even more than when I started...ROFL!!! I finally find one that was very educational and very beneficial to this ditz...hehe After I did a couple of rows I was like, " How stupid was I to think this was going to be hard!!!"

You can ask >Plumpknitter when it comes to different stitches that I do not know how to do, I freeze and I am scare to move on...hehe When I seen YO I thought, " Oh my Goodness, I am not doing a pattern with this in it!!!" My Aunt and cousin just laughed at me and said, " Andrea, this is the easiest thing you can do in knitting..." I took their advice and I felt like such a dufus when I seen them do it .... I am such a scaredy cat....

Anyways, I am slowly but surely getting over my fears and venturing out on different patterns that I would not normally try to accomplish...

I will show pictures after I get a little ways into the scarf...

Thanks to ALL you bloggers out there that help me out each day with the wonderful information you post. People like me really do learn from them...hehe

I hope everyone is doing well today... I am feeling a little better today...

1 Comments:

  • At 8:40 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

    Go for it girl! I can't wait to see your multidirectional scarf. If you have any questions don't hesitate to email me. I'll be more than happy to help if I can. Once you get the hang of it you'll be addicted. LOL.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home