Knit Diva

Me and my obsession has come a long way since last couple of years... I definitely still consider myself a beginner and always looking to improve my obsession. I think it is my "CALGON"... It takes me away from my busy life with a wonderful husband and 8yo twin boys... YIKES!!! I never understood how addicting yarn could be until I started knitting.. I have crochet for some time on and off but I never felt attached to it as I do with knitting...

Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Happy 4th of July!!!!

First of all, I want to thank all the war veterans, veterans, and the soldiers out there that keep my family and I safe. I know we take for granted what we do have sometimes. Our family is made up of many veterans and war veterans. Both my grandfather's were in the Army, My father was in the Air Force, My FIL was in the Army, My sister was in the Army, and my BIL was in the Army.

I pay tribute today to the fallen soldiers that have lost their lives in the war against terror. AND, for those have stood up and protected this great Country.

I remember like it was yesterday that my sister was coming home with a 2month old as my BIL was doing 6 months of active duty over in Desert Storm to come home and then go back again for over 2 years. It is so hard on the little ones and soldier's wife to endure being left without a spouse. It is unspeakable not to worry about a loved one in harms way.

Sunday evening, we sat back and watch my BIL and DH set off fireworks. It was interesting to hear from my dad and my sister that some of the fireworks that we shoot off on the 4th sound like some of the missiles that are used in combat.

My DH's brother's birthday is today and his son's birthday is tomorrow. We will be celebrating their birthdays with a BANG!!!!'


On Knitting : I have been working on a purse that is soooo easy and trying to write out the pattern to my water bottle cozy.

The pattern that I am working on now is called:Twitterpated Purse

It is the easiest pattern I have done for a purse. I decided to spruce it up with some bangles on the top of the purse. I was kind of scared to use them at first but they were easy to include in the pattern. It was a little time consuming to do at first until I got use to it.

P.S. Pictures will be included tomorrow... My darn digital's batteries are low...

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home