Knit Diva

Me and my obsession has come a long way since last couple of years... I definitely still consider myself a beginner and always looking to improve my obsession. I think it is my "CALGON"... It takes me away from my busy life with a wonderful husband and 8yo twin boys... YIKES!!! I never understood how addicting yarn could be until I started knitting.. I have crochet for some time on and off but I never felt attached to it as I do with knitting...

Friday, July 07, 2006

Pictures and Patterns...hehe


I promised pictures like a week ago!!! LOL Time flies when you have two little rascals at your side ALL day...hehe Can we go here? or Can we go here?

Summer is so hectic some times with me trying to knit or read or anything of that sort...LOL!!!

So I try to pick easy knits that I do not have to think too much!!!

The twitterpated pattern is so easy. I just added a little diva to the bag to spruce it up. I lined the inside with pink leopard..hehe After hand sewing it in I wish I would have put a pocket in the bag... boohoo!!! But, I will survive...hehe

Another project that I should have had done a long time ago but other knitting has taken priority....LOL!!!! I have always wanted a really cute pattern for a "WATER BOTTLE COZY" with a strap. I have looked and looked and looked for over a year for a FREE pattern that caught my eye. I never found one I liked. I was making those sunglass cozies and came up with my own pattern for the Water Bottle Cozy and this is what I came up with...hehe I am not done with knitting the strap for it but I thought I would show a picture and give the pattern that I made up...

It is for the smaller water bottles seen in the picture but you can always adjust the pattern a couple of stitches for the bigger ones.

Water Bottle Cozy

Cast on 32 stitches

(I knitted mine by the magic loop method but you can do it with DPN's or 2 circulars also.)

Join without twisting and knit until the desired length for the water bottle. I eye balled it and had my water bottle close by.

Use the 3-needle bind off method for the bottom of the cozy.

Row one: Pick up 8 stitches on the side of your cozy. Knit across.

Next row: K2, P4, K2

Repeat theses two rows until you reach the desired length for your strap.

It is a very easy pattern and can be changed for your spin on it.

I am making a felted version also. I hope you understand the instructions. If it is not clear, let me know and I can help out.

Have a Wonderful Weekend!!! Ü

1 Comments:

  • At 12:55 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    the picture of the bag's lining looks like Audrey 2's mouth (from "Little Shop of Horrors")

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home