Knit Diva

Me and my obsession has come a long way since last couple of years... I definitely still consider myself a beginner and always looking to improve my obsession. I think it is my "CALGON"... It takes me away from my busy life with a wonderful husband and 8yo twin boys... YIKES!!! I never understood how addicting yarn could be until I started knitting.. I have crochet for some time on and off but I never felt attached to it as I do with knitting...

Saturday, July 22, 2006

What a CRAZY WEEK!!!

I am soooo glad it is Saturday. First off I have been babysitting my sister's kids this week. 4 kids in the house!!!! That is enough to make someone insane. ROFL!!! Wednesday we got hit with a TERRIBLE storm in the St Louis area. My boys went to the movies with their grandparents and my hubby was working... I waited out the storm by myself in the basement. YIKES!!! I seen everything from my lawn furniture flying in the neighbors yard to one of my trees getting hit by lightning.... OVER a MILLION people in the area was without electricity. Our neighborhood and main road looked like a WAR ZONE!!! We had electricity.. We are ALWAYS without when a storm hits. I heard a transformer blow up and later found out that it caught a tree on fire. I seen 4 firetrucks parked out by my house... I am thinking, "OMG, is my house on FIRE!!!! I had to run upstairs to make sure everything was alright...

We were one of the few with Electricity. Thursday, I had 2 of my girlfriends without electricity. They brought over their food to put in the freezer and fridge. I had 4 kids, a dog, and 5 adults in the house ALL DAY!!! One of our friends stay the night with her hubby and their 2 BIG BOXERS. When they went to work the next morning, I still had their dogs and mine, and 4 kids on FRIDAY!!!

It is Saturday and the only people in the house is my family....LOL!!! I just need a major break. If you know what I mean...hehe

It had to happen to the St. Louis area at the hottest time of the YEAR. Wednesday it hit 100 degrees and Thursday it was 102. They said it felt like 120 degrees... If you went out, you would see hundreds of cars with animals cooling off in the A/C...

On a better note: my hubby came home to give me a new present...hehe A NEW DIGITAL CAMERA!!!! YEAH!!! It is a Canon of course... He is setting up my USB so I can start downloading pics...YEAH!!! My other Canon is about 5 years old. It still works but the battery dumps fast. It is amazing how digital camera prices have went down... I paid over $500 for my first one 5 years ago. My father thought I was insane at the time for spending that much for a digital camera.....LOL!!! My mom and dad just bought their first digital camera 2 years ago and my sister just bought one last year....LOL!!! I told them after they get one, you will never go back to a regular camera....LOL

I will have some pictures to download and show..hehe

Have a wonderful weekend!!!

Ü

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home